StereoTracer software converts 2D images or stereo pairs into the glasses-free 3D format.StereoTracer automatically generates a high quality multi-view 3D sequence by means of a special depth-map.Resultant series of images is used to encode and print a lenticular 3D picture in 3DMasterKit or another lenticular interlacing application. Also, it can be used for creating anaglyph images or movie clips (AVI or animated GIF) and also for presentation purposes.Get New License
More about StereoTracer
The depth-map (disparity image or Z-image) is an image which contains information about the depth of the picture and serves to convert a two-dimensional image into a three-dimensional one. In the depth-map the gray color gradation shows each pixel’s distance from the viewer. The lighter areas in the depth-map correspond to the areas nearer to the viewer, the darker ones correspond to the more distant areas. A depth-map can be created out of one 2D image manually in any graphic editor or from a stereo pair automatically in StereoTracer.
Features and Benefits
Depth Map Processing
- StereoTracer works with a user-drawn depth map and automatically calculates one or two depth maps out of a stereo pair for further 3D sequence rendering.
3D Sequence Rendering
StereoTracer renders a multi-view 3D series of frames based on:
- one 2D picture and a user-drawn depth map
- a stereo pair and an automatically calculated depth map (for one of the frames)
- a stereo pair and two automatically calculated depth maps (for both frames of a stereo pair). This method provides the best “look behind” effect.
Multiple Input Formats
- StereoTracer supports stereo photos stored in separate files or in one file (side-by-side).
Stereo Camera Compatibility
- StereoTracer supports the MPO file format used by the Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D, Panasonic and some other cameras.
- The program automatically converts stereo MPO files into multi-view stereo sequences for lenticular 3D photo printing.
Easy to Learn
- The Program Wizard as well as the intuitive interface help users run the program features step-by-step and get professional results effortlessly. The detailed User Guide describes all the software options.
- The auto alignment feature enables the user to obtain a better 3D visualization effect.
- StereoTracer controls parallax and convergence points in the resulting 3D multi-view sequence of frames.
- The StereoTracer output is easily compatible with 3DMasterKit for the final lenticular 3D picture creating.