WorldView-3 Images Reveal the Invisible (Product Update – April 2015)
For the first time, satellite imagery can now be considered a viable alternative to aerial imagery
Advantages of WorldView-3 Satellite Images
1. Large area collection covers the whole HKSAR in a single pass in one day to eliminate temporal variations.
2. Unprecedented 31cm high resolution allows enlargement up to 1:1,500.
3. New spectral bands of coastal blue, red edge, yellow and near infrared-2 improve change detection and feature extraction.
4. Consistent revisit time at 10:30 am.
5. Cost effective data at US$32 per sq. km for 4-band bundle product (panchromatic + 4 multispectral bands of archive data >90 days).